Saturday, November 19, 2011

Lets get started...

This may start off a little dull, but keep reading. I have faith that as soon as I get the hang of all of this, my blogs will become something you’ll want to read everyday!
I feel like the best way to start off is to talk about my roommates, mainly because I’m sitting in my living room writing this and cannot stop listing to their pointless conversations. I think something everyone needs to experience is living with people you absolutely cannot stand. College is definitely giving me this opportunity. You always hear the things throughout middle/high school about getting that one crappy roommate, well I got two. 
These ‘children’ that I call my roommates have the mentality of thirteen year old boys. (They're actually sophomores in college). I’m not sure how any of my readers feel about this, but I have a low tolerance for ignorant people. Screaming offensive terms and yelling at a video game (which, last time I checked, doesn’t care if you ‘just died’) is NOT what the cool kids do. I’m pretty sure the cool kids are people like me and you, who read to read, and become the people who do something in the messed up world that we live in. 
Roommates will test your morals, and push you to your limits. For example, there have been two trash bags with two pizza boxes sitting in the corner of my dorm for about 7 weeks now (yes, there is food and other things that are probably molding inside of them). But I REFUSE to be their mother and take it out. I can’t remember the last time the bathroom was cleaned, thank goodness for double sinks. It's an extremely unsanitary environment, but this will be an experience I can use to remember that not everyone will live their lives like me, and somehow they can be okay with it. Also, when I said everyone should do it I meant it, but not for a long period of time! I cannot wait to switch rooms and get away from them next semester!
Anyways, I’m trying to find the students in college who are going to be the greats in America when we become *gasp* adults. Thats a scary thought that will get a post eventually. 
Like I mentioned, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, so I won’t be complaining for much longer. I should be moving in with my friend Kevin. I went to school with Kevin. He is very liberal, and very gay. So I’m sure some interesting posts will result from that time, something to look forward to!
I have lots of ideas that are floating around in this head. I can’t wait to transcribe them for this blog and get feedback, and strike thoughtful conversations and debates.
If anyone has any questions about me or just feels the need to comment (maybe you’ve had the same crappy roommates as me!) Please leave a comment and I’ll be sure to respond!
Yours in blogging
AeW




Follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/TDThought

No comments:

Post a Comment