Saturday, November 19, 2011

Don't be a lame college student...


College: an educational institution. This is a pretty dull way of defining the time in someone life where they find out more about themselves than they ever could have imagined. 
So to this I pose the question: Why sit in your room all day and play video games/do nothing?
I’ve come across this in multiple situations. The hall I live in is quite quiet, and I see these type of students a lot, including my own roommates. I will walk to the stairwell to leave and the end two doors across from eachother will always be open. The left room will always have at least one boy playing Call of Duty or watching South Park. The right room will have at least one girl watching TV, usually with a blanket on (I even cause one of the girls laying with her back in the doorway and her feet up on the door!). 
To these people I’ve always wondered, what the hell are you doing with your life? You really don’t have anything better to do than that? Go outside! Smell the fresh air! We’re paying a disgusting amount of money, money that we don’t even have, to go to this institution. There is an immense amount of ways to get involved, and there are so many diverse groups that there is absolutely something for everybody... Unless you came to college to smoke weed every day and get drunk on a Monday, of course.
And while there’s nothing wrong with drinking on a Sunday..... Wait until you’re living in a trailer park for that.
I just feel like there is so much more these kids could be doing with their lives, why aren’t they doing it! What is your take on this issue? Do you think you could do more with your life? Leave a comment or Tweet this post!
Yours in blogging 
AeW


3 comments:

  1. And while there's nothing wrong with drinking on a Sunday... that's it, I'm following you to east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen worse mister... Student down my side literally was found mixing dirt in the field, pretending to cook. Hey.. Up there's great.. compare to down here.. lol I'm following you. We're both the same age. I like this blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading! I'm back at it so stay tuned for new material!

    ReplyDelete