Monday, November 21, 2011

My unhealthy obsession with Rihanna.


Ever since ‘Please Don’t Stop the Music’ I’ve found myself in love with Rihanna. Her voice and talent is unique to her, and it proves to be a sound only she has. I’m so pumped to hear all her new stuff on ‘Talk that Talk’ which will have a different sound to it. The electronica she is now incorporating into her music truly shows her ability to adapt and change her style as the market changes.
Time magazine discussed Rihanna and her lyrics stating:
“Rihanna equates love to feelings of drunkenness and uncontrollable addiction — the stuff of tragedy. She’s more akin to Lady Gaga in that sense. But there’s one big difference: Gaga seeks out emotional destruction while Rihanna seems to stumble into it.” -http://ti.me/tmnGjh
This hits the nail on the head. ‘We Found Love’ is such a great song. When I saw the video, I was in awe. I went around showing all my friends and told them I liked the song when I heard it, but I LOVE the video. (See video at the bottom and prepare to be inspired)
Time’s description is perfect. The way she speaks about life and love is that of real experiences that people have, which make her very relatable to her audience. She is a real women, with a real life. We know she isn’t perfect simply because she dated Chris Brown, a lyrical idiot (no I don’t want to ‘run it, run it’ or say ‘yeah’ 500 times during a song, use a thesaurus).
I’m really excited for all her new stuff, and will post about her in the future as I discover what she’s putting out on the new album. Rihanna, don’t disappoint me!
AeW


Follow on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment